Gas Line

Old 11-22-00, 08:54 AM
Visiting Guest
I have a functional brick fireplace and I want to have a gas line installed for gas logs. The contractor I had told me he would have to run it up thru the floor and then run the pipe around the front of the fireplace into the firebox. I don't want to have to look at a gas pipe in front of the fireplace. Can a hole be drilled thru the side of the fireplace so the pipe comes directly into the firebox?

Old 12-18-00, 07:27 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
The gas line should you run it outside needs to be protected
so it well not get dammaged if you run it under ground you will need a pipe that is made to be covered it is rapped in plastic or some other protective product. becouse it is a fire place and you do no neet a lot of valum or pressure you could run it all in 1/2" pipe. You can run it in through
the side into the fire place is OK but the vaule has to be so you can turn it on and off and be able to reach in and light the fire shuld it not light you can turn it off easly.
when you run the gas in to the fire place you need to use a fire proof coulking to seal around the pipe. This should have a permit and inspection from the building department, this is for your safty and protection of your family should somthing not be just right they will help you before it is a problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: