Wood Burning Stove

Old 01-09-06, 11:41 AM
lsomerville
Visiting Guest
Wood Burning Stove

We recently purchased a house that has a wood burning stove that is situated in an akward place and is quite unsightly. I could really use some suggestions on how to improve the looks. It stands on some ugly painted bricks which we are going to change to stone. Unfortunately it's hard to describe what it looks like. If you e-mail me I can send you a picture.

I'm basically looking for some decorating ideas.

Thanks,

lsomerville

Old 01-11-06, 01:42 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
well, since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, perhaps I do not need to see what you have. Instead you might want to jump over to the yahoo group called woodheat and look at pictures others have posted of their fireplaces. Also do a google image search (type words like fireplace and/or woodstove and/or hearth into google, then click the little tab that says Images along the top). This will give you lots of pictures. I think I saw a picture book at Lowes about lots of fireplace ideas. Finally, www.jotul.com and www.vermontcastings.com have different pictures of their stoves in houses.

Old 01-11-06, 05:44 PM
lsomerville
Visiting Guest
Wood Stoves

Thank you Wasabi. I tried what you suggested. There were actually some pretty good pictures and ideas.

Lsomerville

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: