converting unvented fireplace to vented

Old 01-10-06, 08:02 AM
frankieb23320
Visiting Guest
converting unvented fireplace to vented

We are sooooooooo disappointed in our unvented fireplace. The smell and the accompanying headaches are terrible. It has been this way for six years so the fireplace is rarely used for any length of time. We have a carbon monoxide alarm and there has never been any indication of a problem. I have read so many complaints about these fireplaces on the internet so there are many more disappointed people besides us. I want to know if it is possible to convert to a vented fireplace with a blower? Does anyone know if it is a diy project or if not have any indication of cost?
Any help would be appreciated. The fireplace is on an outside wall and is a natural gas fireplace without blower. We would like to have a vented fireplace with glass doors with an electric blower instead.
Thanks!

Last edited by frankieb23320; 01-10-06 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-10-06, 08:07 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
to give you a better chance of getting advice please describe what you have in detail. style, materials, location, interior or exterior wall, and what you would like the end result to be. i'm sure someone will get back to you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: