Gas Fireplace keeps going out

Old 03-01-06, 05:31 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gas Fireplace keeps going out

I recently had my gas fireplace serviced because it would not lite correctly (apparently the pilot assembly was not even bolted in correctly)

Anyhow, now the fireplace was coming on within a few seconds and working great. but now i have a new problem...

After the fireplace is on for anywhere from an hour to 4 hours, the fire place will make a pretty loud 'CLICK' and shut off, pilot and all.

If i re-lite the pilot and turn it back on, it will click again and go off within a few minutes.

Any idea's? Before i had it serviced, i could keep it on for many hours with no issues, just had issues with the inital lighting.

Thanks

John

p.s. This is a wall mount, vented fireplace, no fan and not sure on the mfg. the service tech said there was good gas pressure and he cleaned everything up.

Old 03-06-06, 05:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Will it relight and stay lit, once the fireplace cools back down? If so, it sounds like a thermostat simply shutting off the fireplace. Or, it could be a spill switch (that senses the temperature at the flue) that finally got too hot. Or a bad connection at where you might have a thermocouple and spill switch that come together by the gas valve. If these parts, that screw into the gas valve, come loose/corrode a little, it will lose contact. Heat expansion could be the cause of lost contact. Just a thought.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: