Replace or Modify Gas Starter in wood Fireplace

Old 03-12-07, 02:43 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Replace or Modify Gas Starter in wood Fireplace

I have a wood burning firplace with a gas starter embedded into the center of the brick bed. It's round, steel, with a steel metal cap that just sits on the top of embedded and suken mixing area. There is a center gas feed, and the gas is mixed and dispersed by the top around the round sunken mixing area, through little slits. Gas flow is controlled by a valve already built into the firplace wall. I want to get the starter out and tap into the pipe that feeds it, so I can install gas logs. Does ANYONE know who makes this embedded starter, and how to get it out?
Old 03-29-07, 03:42 PM
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 15,817
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Do you know the manufacturer, brand, model #? If so, perhaps you can contact them. Or, visit a local hearth store where you might find help. You might also find help at

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: