Englander Pellet Stove Auger Motor

Old 01-26-11, 02:39 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Auger installation

I just put a new lower motor on my stove. I took the auger out to clean the tube and the end of the auger. I did not watch when I removed the auger as to how far it sticks out of the front of the lower feed tube. Does it go flush with the end of the tube or does it stick out alittle if I leave it flush I have a little trouble getting the rear cover back on the stove.

Old 01-27-11, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by bpaff03 View Post
I just put a new lower motor on my stove. I took the auger out to clean the tube and the end of the auger. I did not watch when I removed the auger as to how far it sticks out of the front of the lower feed tube. Does it go flush with the end of the tube or does it stick out alittle if I leave it flush I have a little trouble getting the rear cover back on the stove.
sounds like maybe the motor is not on the shaft far enough, not sure if it would matter though. Mine was flush, so that is where I always put it back to.

Old 01-27-11, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by mrbizness1 View Post
I would think you would have to replace both at the same time to avoid dumping too many pellets into the lower auger. But for $18 + shipping who cares.
Install it on the bottom auger, the bottom auger does not regulate anything, the top one does, so maybe that would work best to keep your settings the same.
Maybe with it spinning almost twice as fast it won't need the extra torque as it would be moving less pellets per flight.
For 18 dollars it would be worth a try, I might do it myself. If you were to install on the top auger you might have to run your settings almost in half to stay the same??? interesting

Old 01-29-11, 08:53 PM
R
Cool Back in action

Hey everyone. been away for awhile, I see alot more people are inquiring, well I broke donw bought a new board for my stove. it seems to be running good, my next question is how much burn time does a bag (40#) last?
Oh by the way the temp control will work in a pinch just had realy dirty fires alot of soot and creesote build up.

thanks Russ

Old 02-11-11, 01:31 PM
L
Nice site & after reading I had to register & post, I have the englander stove to & it has its issues but all in all is a great stove, my stove went through a flood back in 05 where the whole stove was literally submersed, I for the heck of it sat it out in the sun, took everything apart & fired it up that season....amazingly it worked.

I have had the auger motor problem also, yes clean out the lower tube, I was sick of the vacuum switches going bad to...so I bypassed them, I left the blue vacuum hoses connected though, also a little trick about the bearing block...if it goes bad by way of the bearing coming unseated to where you cant get it to stay "by tapping with a hammer" LOL......now this is only if the bearing is still good...........if not replace the bearing for under $10 to keep it in place remove the grease fitting & insert a set screw being careful to not over tighten......this works fine!

also the motors..........I went to a hobby store/similar to a radio shack......and matched up the coil which can under much stress burn out, #1 on opening up the aluminum housing, I found that once the motor is placed under high load.....gear grindings & other debris will cause binding!

great site........

LXT...........

Old 04-01-11, 05:36 PM
P
the web site is CSHinc.com the augar motor # is pv003 it is $56.95 plus s@h

Old 04-20-11, 06:44 PM
M
Was having a problem with the top auger motor not turning. I could see the motor shaft not moving. I tried to make it spin by pushing it without any luck. The auger was turning freely. I removed the motor and opened the gearbox. Couldn't find anything wrong. When I attached the motor to the gearbox the shaft started to bind, so I just snugged down the screws.
Been over a week and the stove works perfect.

Old 01-07-12, 05:26 PM
G
cshincorporated.com

does anyone know which motor to order on this website. The website was mentioned in the threads, but I have no idea. Any help would be appreciated. Its the lower motor on 25-pdvc stove englander. Thanks for any help

Old 01-11-12, 03:51 PM
M
its hard to tell which is the correct replacement. Why not give them a call, its toll free

Old 10-03-12, 05:28 PM
E
i have a englander pellet stove 25-pdvc and i have been dealing with 3 different reps and they can not give me an answer to why my pellet stove is making a pinging sound and i bought it feb 7,2012 already replaced the bottom auger motor and the blower and all they keep telling me is it is normal i didnt hear this noise for the 2 months i ran it when i first got it...could someone please help the sound is very irrating ty..

Old 03-03-13, 05:48 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
This thread is closed. if you have questions please start your own thread.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: