Janitrol GFA furnace pilot won't stay lit???

Old 01-03-08, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Janitrol GFA furnace pilot won't stay lit???

I have a Janitrol GFA furnace. It is about 9-10 years old. Electronic ignition. It takes multiple tries for the furnace to "know" that the pilot is lit. It lites the pilot, and then shuts it off, tries again, its lit then shuts it off. This happens maybe 4-6 times before it actually leave the gas supply to the pilot. I did some reading and many said it probably is the flame sensor and to clean or replace. So first I cleaned the tip, it wasn't that dirty, no change, then I purchased a new one and installed that, no change. I was told the way the unit determines it is lit is it looks for continuity from the flame sensor to ground through the flame. So then I took old sensor and tried to bend the tip so it was more in the flame path, no change. Next, I have spare controller board, swapped that, no change. Inspected all the wires and connection for corrosion, wear, breaks, nothing. I am stumped. It is just annoying to hear the thing start, and stop, start and stop , etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Setup looks like this.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-08, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Nobody...there has to be somebody smart out there that has a suggestion...please