Ventless gas Logs

Old 10-26-08, 02:49 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ventless gas Logs

The gas logs worked fine last year. However, when I tried to light the pilot light this year it would not light. The match blows out everytime. I checked all of the lines and found no blockage and I also changed out the regulator. It still will not work.

Old 10-27-08, 04:57 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello statesboro. Welcome to the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

I moved you question here from the gas appliances topic. More likely to obtain the advice of several others besides myself. Doing so helps you get multiple ideas, suggestions & possible causes and or solutions this way.

Pilot lights often get clogged up when turned off. If no gas emits out or very little comes out, chances are the orifice inside the pilot assembly is clogged up.

If that is the case, you'll need to blow it out to remove the dust, debris, etc. Use a can of compressed air used to clean computer keyboards.

Blow out the entire pilot assembly without removing anything. Look for tiny air inlet holes just behind the pilot flame. Likely to be two of them.

Blow both of them out, plus the flames hood assembly. Blow the air up-wards into the hood and then out-wards through the intake holes.

Once completed re-try lighting the pilots flame. Likely to work well. If not, you'll have to remove and disassemble pilot assembly, clean and re-assemble. Do so carefully.

Hope this advice helps, if the problem is no or little pilot flame.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Old 10-27-08, 05:13 PM
L
If it blows out the match then there is air in the line that must be purged before you can light the pilot. It may take 1-2 minutes.

Old 10-29-08, 12:16 PM
S
It works now. Thanks alot!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: