Pellet Stove Issues

Old 11-03-08, 10:43 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Pellet Stove Issues

My wife and I bought our firsty house about a year ago that came with a Danson Group Vulcan Triple E V-130 Pellet Stove. I have never used a Pellet stove before so I am new at using them. The stove is located in our basement and the previous over cut vents in the floor so the heat can come thru them. The seller left us some Pellets (Tidy Timbers). They did not seem to burn hot enought to heat the house only the basement. Are they a low grade pellet and are there better pellets out there.

Over the summer I vaccumed the stove out all the ash and cleaned the direct vent and the air intake vent. When I went to turn the stove on over the weekend it would not start. I checked the plug and there is power to it. Does anyone know what could be causing the stove not to start. I was wondering if there may be an internal fuss that might be blown or if there is a reset buttom. I do not have a manual that show me where anything is located.

Finally, is there a thermostat that I can purchanse that will turn the stove on when the temperature drops below a certain temperature. I want to be able to have it turn on and off below a certain temperature instead of me turning it on and off.

Sorry for the babbling I am new at using pellets stoves.

Old 11-14-08, 04:01 PM
M
Google doesn't pick up your stove model, so I assume its a older version. You need to find a users manual to operate it correctly. I am a new pellet stove owner and can say you have to experiment with adjusting fan speeds and feed rates to get optimum performance. You should also buy premium pellets only because they burn more thoroughly leaving less ash. I also strongly recommend you purchase at least one carbon monoxide alarm. I believe this is made in Canada.
This dealer might be able to get you a users manual.
Good luck

Homeclick

Old 10-22-13, 06:35 PM
F
Same issue and what I found

I had the same issue with my Vulcan 130, which was manufactured in Nov of 2005. It had power, but would not kick in the vent fan. So I tore it apart and found a dead bird lodged in the blower of the vent fan. The vent fan needs to be able to operate in order for the stove to light and continue to burn. If you don't feel comfortable doing this sort of exploration, you should have an authorized dealer come and service your stove. Also, this link Specifications - Dansons Group CC2 Owner's Manual [Page 8] will give you a downloadable copy of the owners manual for your stove. Hope this helps.

Old 10-22-13, 09:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,531 Votes on 1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the added info but I'm sure the OP got his problem worked out or he would have froze since this thread is over five years old.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: