Question about wood brick fuel

Old 11-21-08, 03:25 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question about wood brick fuel

Hi
Has anyone used Wood Brick Fuel instead of regular wood in fireplace, how does it compare against regular wood
by price and performance,
I think it is more expensive then regular wood, but is it worth buying and using

Old 12-09-08, 11:34 AM
S
wood brick fuel

Hello.. i purchased a ton yesterday. Although I don't have a long experience with them; this is what I've seen so far.

Pro's
1. Certainly burn cleaner, hotter & longer
2. No bugs
3. No bark
4. Prewrapped in plastic
5. Very Dry... no worries of buying wet wood

Con's
1. Absolutely cannot get wet. So that means if you want to store them outside, it needs to be in a shed of some sort.
2. Very heavy. Each Bag weighs 40 pounds. That may not seem like much... but when you buy a ton that's atleast 50 bags. For me... I stored most of them in my basement, the rest I scatter around the house. I wouldn't recommend storing them all in one place in your house due to the total weight.
3. Alittle more expensive than a cord of wood.

so far I would recommend them.

Old 02-14-10, 10:01 AM
J
Wood Bricks

Been Using them for 4 days...not real sure if they are more efficient. I do know that I have enjoyed the cleanliness of them over firewood and it is very convenient to store them as they take up less space than fire wood. But burning longer??? not sure yet. I go through a cord of wood every 2-2 1/2 weeks. (I heat my entire 1900 squarefoot home with firewood) but I'm going through about 40 bricks every 24 hours to do the same thing. That adds up to 30+ / 20 brick bundles in the same amount of time.

I have learned that the bricks last longer and burn hotter if you will stack them in a brickwall fashion as shown on the front of the package. Big difference. Hope some of my experience helps. would like to hear yours!

Junkajoe

Old 12-19-11, 04:11 PM
B
Hi, i am so bloody happy someone has finally come forward and said this.. I am all for new things that are great for everyone, really i am. But i am testing this product, and the so called claimed 3 logs last 2-2.5 hours in a open traditional fireplace, is totally incorrect.....They are supposed to last longer if the fireplace is closed as well......i have a modern early 70's fireplace, very well made...I took 3 of their logs placed them on my log grate, lasted about i hour, by 1 hour 15mins they were gone, I didnot even have my lower air vent open....So I would say, they are probably ideal for very low ceiling inserts and wood stoves, cause the heat is more captured... open fireplaces dont come close......oh and i get my hardwood 3 logs to last 2-3 hours, they say they last 30 mins...gotta love marketing....Anyways thanks for your imput Sincerely, Doug P.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: