Pellet stove not working properly

Old 12-16-08, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Pellet stove not working properly

I have a whitfield profile 30 pellet stove that keeps turning itself off. I have to go push the on off button to turn it back on and at night it just stays off when it kicks off so its FREEZING in the house in the morning. I replaced the control board last year and this started just after that. any sugjestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-08, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by clmom View Post
I have a whitfield profile 30 pellet stove that keeps turning itself off. I have to go push the on off button to turn it back on and at night it just stays off when it kicks off so its FREEZING in the house in the morning. I replaced the control board last year and this started just after that. any sugjestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
A few suggestions.
Do you have the unit plugged into a surge protector? A spike in the electric current could shut the unit down.
Also check the electric outlet receptacle,and wall switch if applicable. if their old the proper current will not get to the unit. ( I had this happen to me with outdoor lights it was the last place I looked for trouble)

The unit could also be shutting off from a lack of fuel. If the auger slows down and is not putting the proper amount of pellets in the firebox the sensors will put the unit in shutdown mode. I just changed my upper auger motor.
You might have to watch this unit while running to see why it is turning off.
good luck

Old 12-27-08, 11:42 AM
try cleaning the photo eye its inside the hopper open that lid in the middle of hopper take out the lens and wipe off . thats what i needed to do when my stove was doing the same thing

Old 01-23-09, 11:27 PM
sounds like the temp sensor in the exhaust pipe