US Stove: King 2007B; smoke problem

Old 12-23-08, 02:32 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
US Stove: King 2007B; smoke problem

We have recently installed a wood burning stove in our home. The problem that we are having is that whenever we open the door to move/add wood, smoke escapes into the house. We were told that it is a draft problem with the chimney. We added another foot to the chimney. We are still having this problem. We have not had any luck contacting US Stove, and when we have spoken to them they have been very rude stating only that it must be a draft problem. Has anyone ever had a problem like this with a wood burning stove? If so, can you give us any suggestions as to how to fix it?

Old 12-23-08, 05:24 PM
M
Is there a bend in the chimney? If there is then you probably have some accumulation of ashes or soot blocking the air flow.
You need to get a look inside the chimney somehow. My chimney has a bottom cover I remove to release any build up.
If you could post a photo it would be helpful.

Old 12-23-08, 07:38 PM
chimmney/stove

I install chimneys and here is what I find. First rule of thumb is the chimney itself for draft should be 2 foot above any object above 10 foot in radius,Tress can effect also and more. A chimney that has downdraft problems we put a flagstone cap 8" above top of flue this actually speeds up the draft in wind. Do you have a damper control on your metal smoke stack if so open that wide before you open the stove. On air tight stoves the chimney gases has a very hard time flowing out so when you open the stove its not hard to break air movement and static pressure changes and chimney directional air flow is stop for a second or two. Try this open your air intake for the stove let draft get faster in stove/chimney and then open the door
signed 21 boat

Old 01-18-09, 10:38 AM
T
We also this fall purchased the same wood stove. We always open the damper whenever opening the door, and it really reduces the smoke coming into the house.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: