changing color of fireplace bricks

Old 09-08-00, 10:04 AM
Visiting Guest
I want to lighten or completely change the color of my brick fireplace. It is a very dark red brick with dark mortar. I have read several replies suggesting dying, staining, or sealing. I desperately need to know names of products and where to find them. I have called brick companies and home improvement stores with no luck. I would greatly appreciate the help!!!!!!!!

Old 09-09-00, 12:23 AM
Visiting Guest
Humm....not one of your sources has heard of pigmented masonry stain? That is very odd. The facts are both water borne and solvent based stains and sealers suited for masonry are common products. The confusion may be due to your request to lighten or change the color of the brick or possibly misunderstanding the difference between a dye, stain, and pigmented sealer. Each one is a different product; each one produces a different final appearance, and stains and pigmented sealers are more common than dyes.

If you chose to seek a masonry stain or sealer they are generally sold as concrete stain. Many are suitable for brick and other masonry units. Some are sold as wood or masonry stains and sealers (very common). Others are sold as pigmented stone sealers. Dyes are very intense. They are nearly raw pigments and are available commercially.

I will not choose you poison for you, but one product that may fit your requirements is NECT-90. Fortunately for you a preview of the product is available here http://www.masonryart.com look for products and services, then NECT-90.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: