Direct Vent or B-Vent Fireplace?

Old 05-06-10, 08:23 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Direct Vent or B-Vent Fireplace?

We are converting a screened in porch to a 16x18' all season room which has 42' of glass doors. I have been getting conflicting information from my local fireplace dealers. Some say that direct vent is the way to go while others say that it will generate too much heat and be off more than it is on. A few have said that a B-vent would be more appropriate. I will not be using this as the primary heat source and are more interested in the astetics though I don"t want to deplete my heat from the rest of the house either. Which is the better route to take? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-10, 02:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The venting method doesn't really matter, although direct vent is simpler.

What you are concerned with are how the flame appears and how long you can leave it on before the room becomes uncomfortably hot. That's a realistic concern.

You would want to aim for the fireplace with the smallest BTU input that give you a flame that is attractive to you. Quite a few fireplaces canadjust the BTU input over a modest range.

Old 06-02-10, 02:52 PM
M
Go 4 a direct vent, it's close to 60% efficient, these can be hooked up to ur heat duct too ( optional item)

direct vent fireplace keeps the house off harmfull gases and pulls outside air for combustion.

B venting is mostly used for furnace to exhaust fumes outside, it uses ur house air to fire up, oxygen depletion.

Go with gas fireplace - direct vent, lots of choices.