gas fireplace installation

Old 12-27-00, 05:53 AM
Visiting Guest
We were thinking about installing a gas fireplace. I have been searching for information and cant seem to find what I want.
I have a mantel to start with and was going to put in a fake one, but searching around to see the possibilites of installing a gas fireplace.
We are starting from scratch here, do not have existing flue and also have to use inside wall. Not even sure if it is possible. I would appreciate any info or direction to sites with the doityourself info.
Thanks, Tackhead

Old 12-27-00, 11:59 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
If a gas fire place will do all that you would like,
then find a gas unit that takes a 4" flue to vent like a water heater or furnace, they work great and you can run the flue most any where, you must follow the code very close or you can have problems with the gases, install sealed glass doors for safty. start by going to a good heating air cond. and sheet metel company they will have what you need, you may find they can install it at a resonable price, they know how to get the flue installed with out problems and safly they can run the gas to the unit get a permit, inspection and you can sleep at night knowing they did a good job.......Good Luck and Have Fun

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: