Gas Fireplace Igniter and wall switch .. need advice

Old 05-17-11, 08:42 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gas Fireplace Igniter and wall switch .. need advice

My Living Room fireplace has the pilot light that stays lit until I switch the wall plate switch that in turns starts the fireplace up and it runs fine and starts and shuts down .. BUT the starting of it has its quirks,, . If I switch the button up the fireplace doesn't always start right away so I have to take the glass front door and swoosh it back and forth to create a breeze that in turns causes the pilot light to wave back and forth and then it catches just enough gas to light up the entire fireplace with its rock logs .. and all is good .. BUT what if I didn't do this? can the gas be escaping ( due to the switch up) and is dangerous for us in the house???????

Old 05-17-11, 07:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The most common cause of this problem is that the pilot burner and orifice are getting plugged. Shut off the pilot burner and use some canned air (which is flammable) to squirt in the pilot burner and see if that cleans it enough to get it working.

The second most common problem is a wall switch that is failing. Replace the wall switch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: