Heatilator gas fireplace insert

Old 01-15-01, 12:35 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

I have a heatilator gas fireplace insert. It is difficult to start, and occasionally goes out momentarily while lit. It occasionally goes out entirely, and I cannot start it back up. I have been informed that it requires a cleaning. Does anyone know what is involved, with a cleaning, and what is the procedure? Thanks!

Old 01-18-01, 10:32 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
This is not some thing you should do as a generic cleaning.
Need the name, model no. size and any other information you have on the unit, Then will see what we can do to help you with the problem...

Old 01-20-01, 07:28 AM
Visiting Guest
Heatilator fireplace insert

Heatilator insert model GNDC33NAT. I'm pretty good at DIY around the house and on cars. I'm sure I could save myself the $200 they want to clean this thing. As long as I had some procedure or guidlines.

Thanks!

Old 01-22-01, 01:42 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello.
I found only one site that I think you can get some information on Good Luck ttp://www.firesidecorner.com/products.html

Old 01-22-01, 06:56 PM
Torch
Visiting Guest
I had the same problem with another brand, but the fix may be the same. Turn off the gas and use a Q-tip with rubbing alcohol to clean the oriface (where the gas out). When you look into the oriface, there should be a small pin sized hole. In my case, there was a tiny spider inside that blocked the hole just enough to let it work sometimes but not others. You may also need to check the thermocouple if the rest of the unit is clean and it won't stay lit. Good Luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: