Quadrafire 1200 blowing smoke and sparks

Old 09-23-12, 06:49 AM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Quadrafire 1200 blowing smoke and sparks

I just had my Quadrafire 1200 pellet fireplace insert serviced. They replaced the control module and feed auger motor. It seemed to run ok for the first few starts. However this morning I was awakened by the smoke alarms going off in the house. When I came downstairs the unit was blowiing smoke and sparks out the front thru what appeared to be the heat exchanger tubes. I am waiting for it to cool down before I attempt to re-clean it. What has me worried is that there are so many safety controls on it I cant understand why it would allow this to happen. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

Old 09-23-12, 08:38 AM
Z
Well, I just pulled the unit out of the fireplace, vacuumed it all out again, removed the vent pipe from the chimney and checked that it was clear. Now gonna put it back together and give it another try. This is frustrating to say the least.

Old 09-23-12, 09:23 AM
Z
Feel like I am talking to myself here.....lol but now I am beginning to wonder if the sparks and smoke were getting out through the door seal and not the heat exchanger because if they got out the top of the door then the blower would have blown then out looking like it was coming from the heat exchanger tubes. I retightened the door latches and it seems to be running ok now Still worries me however

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: