Help connecting gas fireplace to propane tank

Old 12-22-12, 03:03 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help connecting gas fireplace to propane tank

I bought a Charmglow model #CGL250TE gas fireplace at a garage sale this weekend. It had never been used and therefore did not come with a hose or tank. There isn't a manual and I could not find one online. There is a sticker on the back that reads "This heater requires an external regulator to reduce the LP tank pressure to a maximum of 14 inch W.C.". I went and bought an LP tank, a high pressure hose with A 10-psi regulator that has a 3/8" flare swivel fitting (female). One problem is that the fireplace also has a 3/8" female fitting. I went back and bought a 3/8" flare union fitting. I see now that the fireplace fitting is not made specifically for a flared male end. I don't know if this matters or not. I have also read that there is a difference between a low pressure regulator and a high pressure regulator, so now i'm confused if I even have the right regulator. I know that I have to be careful with everything when working with gas. Please help if possible.

Old 12-22-12, 06:44 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,505 Votes on 1,393 Posts
I can't really answer your questions and I can't find a manual either.
The link below is a place that sells parts for that unit.....including the regulator.

Parts for CGL250TE-C | Charmglow | Fireplaces

Old 12-23-12, 09:06 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 894 Votes on 824 Posts
First, you have the wrong regulator. The 10psi regulator you bought is more commonly used with outdoor turkey fryers and other high output, outside use only devices. Do not attempt to use the 10psi regulator with your gas stove. You need a low pressure regulator. Most common is 10 in/hg which is used for barbecue grills and should be pretty easy to find.

Old 12-23-12, 09:29 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
All the parts on that site are for a different model and they are all out of stock anyway.
Yes, I have researched and realized I have the wrong regulator. Thanks for your help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: