New fireplace and ventless gas logs

Old 01-31-01, 06:13 PM
Loomisman
Visiting Guest
Question

I have a fireplace with glass doors and a fan. When using the ventless logs do I close the doors and turn on the fan or leave the doors open and turn on the fan or leave the doors open with no fan? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first fireplace...Loomisman

Old 02-05-01, 10:21 AM
Torch
Visiting Guest
I recently purchased and installed an unvented gas fireplace. I assume you don't have a manual like I have, so here goes...

Make sure the logs are not too big for the fireplace.
Make sure the screen is kept closed.
Do not install glass doors.

Besides the instructions, I think you have asafety issue. My logs really put out the heat and since none goes out the chimney (there isn't one) it has to go somewhere. If I were you, I would remove the doors completely. I would think the fireplace could get way to hot and you would really have problems.

Just my two cents worth.

Old 02-05-01, 06:57 PM
Loomisman
Visiting Guest
Wink

Thanks Torch. I didn't think it sounded right to leave the doors closed on the gas logs. Thanks for the input...Loomisman

Old 02-06-01, 05:20 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Leave the doors open

I think you'll find the fire gets hot!! After a few hours I can't stand it, though my wife keeps it on for a couple more hours.

Leave the doors open or you'll melt the controls!

You can turn the fan on for a while. I do that to squeeze just a bit more heat out before I turn it off, maybe even a few minutes after I turn it off.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: