Napoleon ventless propane gas fireplace main burner won't ignite although pilot

Old 01-21-13, 09:56 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Napoleon ventless propane gas fireplace main burner won't ignite although pilot

Hi
I have a new Napoleon propane ventless fireplace with gas logs. Pilot light is lit but will not light main burner. Gas valve opens and lets gas flow in. If you blow a big breath into the fireplace,the burner will ignite with a "woosh". On the phone with the people I bought from for tech advice but to non avail. Has a remote control thermostat which could call for heat and gas build up until a dangerous ignition occurs.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

guzda

Old 01-21-13, 10:29 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 910 Votes on 838 Posts
I would give your propane supplier a call and see if they have a service person that could take a look at it for you. It is normal for there to be somewhat of a "phoomp" when it lights but if you are having to blow on it and get a "woosh" that seems excessive something is assembled wrong or needs adjusting.

You could also check to see that the logs are installed in the proper position. Maybe they are preventing the gas from reaching the pilot light.

Old 01-21-13, 11:18 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Pilot Dane,

My Cousin--gas man (licensed) thinks the pilot is too high to light the burner- propane is heavier and drops. I'm attempting to get the manufacturer, Napoleon, Wolf Steel involved as the are to be pretested. I hate to start altering as it's brand new and should be under warranty. Logs can only go in one place- they have pins to index them. Burner is new and clean. When burning the pilot area holes are all burning. My propane dealer won't do anything inside the house a/o insurance reasons. Learning lessons in my old age- should have bought locally rather than the internet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: