Need Help On Heatilator Aftermartket Blower

Old 10-25-13, 11:18 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need Help On Heatilator Aftermartket Blower

I purchased an aftermarket blower for my Heatilator model NDV 3933I. I mounted at the bottom rear as per instructions. It does not blow warm air or any air out as much as I thought it would. The bottom cold air input may be restricting the air flow, plus, the air is really not directed by any ducting what so ever. The sealed firebox is spaced about 1 inch away from the left, rear and right side walls. The room air input at the bottom is a narrow 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch high by 33" wide. The top of the box air back into the room has an opening much larger, maybe 2" high by the 33" wide. Heatilator does not have any factory technical support that I can access, only dealers that either say they do not sell Heatilator or know nothing. I was wondering what the specific configuration was of the factory installed blower system for this Heatilator. Is there any baffeling involved or is the bottom room air in opening larger? Thanks in advance.

Old 10-25-13, 10:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,530 Votes on 1,413 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

There could be several issues. Is it possible to shoot a few pictures and post them here ?
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Old 10-26-13, 06:30 AM
H
Here are some pictures. The first is the top of the front of the unit and the second is the bottom. You can see the bottom opening is quite narrow compared to the top.

Attached Images   
Old 10-27-13, 07:03 AM
H
After close inspection, it looked like the screen assembly was assembled in error. The Heatilator logo was upside down and there were two pieces of metal near the bottom. So, I installed the metal strip with the logo on it near the top of the screen and left the other in place, then provided additional input air area. It appears to be working better now.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: