Gas Fireplace - Low Flame

Old 12-12-13, 03:49 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gas Fireplace - Low Flame

I have a Heatilator GDST60, and while I was deployed over the summer, I turned off the pilot light. When I came back I had a very low blue flame (picture attached). I called a local service professional, and he came and cleaned of the thermopile, and blew air through the system to get rid of any spider webs. No luck. He left without fixing it, and said it maybe the regulator. I bought a new valve with regulator part from heatilator for $200 and replaced the old one. I then took the whole thing apart - all the lines to and from the regulator, going all the way up to the burner orifice and bulkhead. I made sure they were clear, and used a shop vac to push and pull air through all the parts. I also took all the logs off, removed the burner and completely cleaned the burner with the shop vac (I vacuumed everything up inside the fireplace). All the holes on the burner are clear and clean. I put everything back together and then used a manometer to measure the in and out pressures on the valve with regulator part. The pressures measured about 7-8 inWC on the input, and about 3.5-4 inWC for the output which is exactly what it should be for this model (checked with the local Heatilator store). I then checked the vent outside the house, and took off housing, and ensured the vent was clear - it was. The flame is still a small blue flame, and is small, regardless of the glass cover being on or off. Any ideas?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22896[/ATTACH]

Attached Images  
Old 12-12-13, 11:03 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,513 Votes on 1,399 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I don't see your model listed in the service info list.

When the burner is off..... how does the pilot look ?
I'm guessing you tried turning up the flame height gas valve setting.
Does it make a difference from small to large flame ?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: