Adhesive for faux stone veneer onto Brick fireplace?

Old 12-19-13, 10:27 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Red face Adhesive for faux stone veneer onto Brick fireplace?

I am looking for recommendations for an adhesive to attach high-density polyurethane (the faux stone veneer) to brick.

Wife hates the look of the perfectly good red brick fireplace... so I am installing the following stone veneer panels to cover the brick. The brick is in very good shape and clean. We have a gas insert, so the panels will butt up against the insert molding.

Stone Veneer Panels - Alpi 36" x 48" - Antico Elements

Antico Elements suggests using a "Construction adhesive, E.G: Liquid Nails or PL." but they also suggested GE280 Silicone - which is not carried by my local Lowes or Home Depot.

I'll be doing this indoors next week in New England so I wont have fresh air (too cold...)

Appreciate any suggestions.

I'd like to use as few Tapcon screws as possible and rely mainly on the adhesive.

Chip

Old 12-19-13, 02:45 PM
Received 15 Votes on 13 Posts
Really??? No offense, but there are so many truely beautiful options than to go with a pre-fab poly sheet of stone that looks like a picture. How will you treat the edges? How will you finish the build to make it actually look like stone?

Save your pennies, look into ledgestone or drystack or other manufactured stone. Something that will look like the house was built around the fireplace.....Pre-fab poly...Is it even allowed to be that close to a heat source?

Old 12-19-13, 06:58 PM
C
No offense taken... we've looked at many options including real stone, tile, etc... We bought samples of these panels, liked them, and then took a chance and bought full 4 panels.... and the material looks excellent!

Old 02-11-14, 02:21 PM
W
How did your project turn out? I am considering doing this as well. Would you recommend or not?

Also, does anyone know of other good vendors to check out for these faux stone panels?

Old 02-11-14, 03:13 PM
C
If I don't say so myself, it came out great! The stuff looks fantastic. Easy to work with too. I ruptured a disc 3 weeks ago, so I have not finished it completely (final touches to mitered corners) etc... so no photos yet...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: