Need advice/assistance giving facelift to fireplace

Old 12-27-13, 08:24 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need advice/assistance giving facelift to fireplace

Hi All,

A few months ago i bought this house out of foreclosure here in phoenix, AZ. The fireplace is all original - all 23 years old. It has cheap white tile (see pic), i want to replace the tile with something more current, and possibly replace the fireplace plate (i dont know the technical term- the black thing).

A nearby house with the exact same layout as mine was recently renovated and they replaced the tiles with reddish tiles (see pic). It looks nice. They also replaced the black thing with a gold thing.

My quesiton is whats the best way to do this? Should i just buy the tile myself and hire someone to put it in? How long would it take? How much do you think it would cost?

And lastly - i want to put tile in the bathroom floors and laundry room and have it match. Should i have this tile match the tile with my fireplace, or does it not matter?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Attached Images    
Old 12-27-13, 10:43 PM
B
Received 37 Votes on 34 Posts
To step back a minute, what is your intention for the fireplace, looks or do you hope to utilize it for some heat? If you want the heat, then a seal combustion insert would be a better option. Hat to see you dress this one up and then have it just sit there because you can't use it.

Bud

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: