whitfield advantage lazy flame

Old 01-03-14, 08:43 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
whitfield advantage lazy flame

I have a whitfield advantage which i am using in my workshop. The control panel is not working. So i hooked up both the exhaust and blower fan to come on at the same time. Also i have my auger hooked up to a separate switch everything works good. Except i can't get a nice flame very lazy and soots up the glass in no time. Played with the draft made no difference. Is there something else needs to be hooked up or opened.I looked and there are only 2 blower fans. Thanx any help would be great . PS: power is only going to blower fans and auger bipassed the control panel altogether

Old 01-03-14, 10:13 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,505 Votes on 1,393 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

It's a shame you had to bypass the control panel as it appears it allows the fans to run automatically and at variable speeds. I'm assuming the same goes for the pellet feed systems.

Usually when a flame is lazy and orange..... it's not getting enough combustion air.

I've left you a link to what I think is the manual for your unit. It may not be the exact one but it may be very similar. Towards the end there is a diagnostic chart for burning problems.

Whitfield-Advantage-Pellet-Stove-Manual.pdf

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: