Heatilator GNRC36L Troubleshooting Help

Old 02-15-14, 04:47 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Heatilator GNRC36L Troubleshooting Help

I have a 13 year old Heatilator GNRC36L fireplace with a standing pilot. The pilot will not remain on and it takes about ten minutes of pushing in on the ignitor and pressing in on the knob per instructions before the pilot will light. Then, when I throw the wall switch to light the fireplace, nothing happens for 10-20 min and then the fireplace lights and stays on properly. However, when I turn the fireplace off, the pilot goes out. Any suggestions?

Old 02-15-14, 06:57 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,525 Votes on 1,408 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That model shows a standing pilot, propane fired, rear vented fireplace.

It is very possible that the pilot orifice is partially clogged and blocking the full gas flow to the pilot light. If this flame is not large enough the thermopile won't generate enough voltage to keep the valves open properly. You can clean the pilot orifice with a small pin or piece of wire.

Also make sure the thermocouple is fully engulfed in the flame.

Heatilator | Install & Owners Manuals
Select the model GNRC/GNRH in the fireplace install manuals for more information on your fireplace.

Name:  heat.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  28.0 KB

Old 02-16-14, 11:28 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks- its natural gas though. What model pilot assembly would I use? It has a Robertshaw 7000 series valve. I cannot quite figure out how to remove the assembly to clean it. Does it have to be removed from the top (firebox)?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: