What brand fireplace is this?

Old 10-22-14, 08:10 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question What brand fireplace is this?

I am trying to buy a see-through, direct vent, wood burning fireplace and use direct vent gas logs for my interior wall. I found a person selling one on craigslist in my area, but they cannot find the make or model #. Does anyone have a clue as to who made this fireplace?

I know it's a long shot to ask, but i am trying to save some money, and dont want to fork out the $ without knowing some specs on this thing. i attached some images below. i tried the past 2 days looking online for something that looks like this, but can't find it.

If anyone has any other suggestions let me know.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]40497[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]40498[/ATTACH]

Attached Images   

Last edited by Shadeladie; 10-22-14 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Link removed
Old 10-22-14, 08:25 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
It appears the data label is on the side of the fireplace. It probably has the manufacturer's model number on it. I circled the label in white on the attached photo. The panel at front bottom usually just lifts up and off to reveal the space where the gas valve, ignition module and etc. are located. The model should be on a label inside.

Attached Images  
Old 10-22-14, 09:18 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I already spoke with the person selling it, and they said it looks like there may have been a label on it that was taken off. Also, i asked him to check for a panel in the front, and it didn't sound like there was one. Who knows if they know what they are doing though.

Old 10-22-14, 09:49 AM
It sure looks like there are letters on that label on the side. When I first read your post I misread it and thought the fireplace was a gas fireplace. That is why I suggested there was a panel at front bottom. The photos are not very clear. I don't blame you for wanting the specs on it. A person needs to install a fireplace like that in accordance with manufacturer guidelines.

Old 10-22-14, 09:53 AM
B
Received 37 Votes on 34 Posts
If I'm reading correctly you said see through and that does look to have glass on front and rear. If that is your application, I went shopping for something similar for a customer and they are outrageously priced. My gut instinct is limited applications like that usually don't attract cheap manufacturers, thus it is probably a better quality unit. Just a gut feeling.

As for brand, no help.

Bud

PS, I just did some snooping and this unit, "Monessen Prodigy Radiant See-Thru B-Vent Natural Gas Fireplace", seems to use a similar 4 glass panel door with similar handles and brass top and bottom.

Last edited by Bud9051; 10-22-14 at 10:02 AM. Reason: addition
Old 10-22-14, 09:56 AM
I would ask the seller to take a close up in focus photo of that label and have him send it to you. Then use your computer to enlarge it to see if you can make out any of the writing to hopefully get some specs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: