Majestic fireplace dv580rfn gas valve help!!!

Old 11-27-14, 09:15 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Majestic fireplace dv580rfn gas valve help!!!

Problem- Honeywell valve- pilot will ignite with it pushed in and LED continuously flashes. No code count because it doesn't'the stop. As soon as I release the pilot it goes out. An HVAC company came out and replaced the thermocouple and now say the valve is bad because it has enough millivolts. How do I know they are correct prior to replacing an expensive part because originally they said it was just the thermocouple. HELP!!!

Old 11-27-14, 10:42 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Did it work at all after the first repair? If it didn't, are they going to credit you for the thermocoupler? I had a transmission rebuilt & the job wasn't done right. Since I paid by credit card, I put the charge in dispute & the credit card company refunded my money. Do the same with whomever you hire to replace the gas valve or replace it yourself.

Old 11-27-14, 11:33 AM
J
Haven't paid a dime yet! I surely am not paying for the diagnosis cost of 80 bucks from the first time!

Old 11-27-14, 11:55 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,512 Votes on 1,398 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

How does the pilot flame look ? If it's not quite large and full the thermocouple will not generate enough power to keep the valve open. Also, the thermocouple needs to be in the flame.

Old 11-27-14, 12:14 PM
J
Yes- looked at it and looks like it is covering well and large enough

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: