Gas Fireplace Starting Problems.

Old 11-29-14, 01:06 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gas Fireplace Starting Problems.

I have a Heatilator gas fireplace with wall switch. Recently, when turning on, the flame ignites normally but the ignitor continues clicking. I read an older post on this forum regarding problems with this fireplace and figured it was a flame sensor problem and decided to replace the ignition control which is a Robert Shaw Model # DS845.

After receiving the unit, which looked exactly like the old one, I installed it, flipped the wall switch- and absolutely nothing happened- no spark or ignition, nothing. I confirmed the unit was getting power. When I re installed the old unit, the old problem was back- continuous clicking after the burners are lit.

I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on this issue- Is it a malfunctioning new unit? If the problem was not the ignition control, I figure I would at least have had the same problem when I replaced the unit. I can't understand why I'm not getting ignition spark with the new unit. Just wondering if I am missing something simple before I go through the trouble of exchanging the new unit. Thanks.

Old 11-29-14, 01:58 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,530 Votes on 1,413 Posts
I see different version of the 845 board. Did the red light come on ?

Old 11-30-14, 03:58 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No, no red light. It was not on in the old controller either. Should it be on?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: