Kozy Heat fireplace issue

Old 12-18-16, 05:00 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kozy Heat fireplace issue

Hello,

Our fireplace was working even this year without issue and then all of a sudden started not staying lit any longer. The below takes about a minute for it to finally shut off or i get nervous and shut it off as is dancing all over. The pilot light seems OK best i can tell but the fireplace itself now will not stay going. I took a video of it below.

https://youtu.be/qdMsm0hWlro

What do you think is happening here and is this something I can fix (I am handy) or do i need to have someone who knows more about this come over and take a look?

Thanks.

Old 12-18-16, 11:52 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,328 Upvotes on 2,987 Posts
Can you post the model number of that unit.

The problem is the flame doesn't fully cover the logs. It doesn't shut off by itself.... correct ?
Is this gas or propane?
Looks like it may be a partially plugged orifice.

Old 12-18-16, 03:58 PM
O
Model: 944DV it is one of the 3 way ones if that also helps describe it. It is gas.

You are right that it will just turn off by itself eventually. I think in the video i was going to turn it off and it turned off on its own just as i was going to flip the switch. I get nervous seeing the flames dance all around like that but the unit does turn off on its own yes.

Old 12-20-16, 07:57 AM
O
Do you still think it is a plugged orifice and if so does that mean one of the openings where the gas is expelled and lit?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: