Is there a pellet stove made for an RV?

Old 12-22-19, 06:01 PM
Y
Received 16 Votes on 16 Posts
Is there a pellet stove made for an RV?

There is a post on a RV forum about installing a wood-burning stove in his 5er. Most replies were "don't do it". A Cubic Mini Stove (wood) from Canada was posted. Some thought a small pellet stove might do.

Any thoughts

Old 12-22-19, 08:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,599 Votes on 1,473 Posts
The problem I see with pellet stoves is that they run too hot for an area with a lot of combustibles.
Propane fired radiant heaters are well suited to a motor home.

Old 12-23-19, 09:06 AM
J
Received 106 Votes on 93 Posts
That for sure would be one of the last choices I'd make for a heating source!
Where do you plan on storing the 50 lb. bags of pellets?
Any pellet stove I've ever seen was loud, smoky, and required a lot more up keep to keep it clean.
Any portable gas heater will have warning all over the box, do not run while sleeping, do not leave unattended, needs a window open for make up air, they also put out a lot of moisture into the air which is really bad in that small a space.
Why not a real vented gas heater?

Old 12-23-19, 09:34 AM
Y
Received 16 Votes on 16 Posts
This was not for me. The poster liked the wood-burning stove in his S&B and wanted the same in his 5er. Lots of posters tried to talk him out of this. One or two suggested a pellet stove. We had one 1988 to 2006 back in NorCA. Worked fine. It did require a service call every couple of years...and if there was a power outage, we had a 12V battery with inverter to keep the auger going and to start the glow plug, if necessary.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: