AC fans in a wood pellet burning stove

Old 11-01-20, 06:24 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
AC fans in a wood pellet burning stove

My spouse and I took apart our pellet stove to clean it. We do this annually, and it's a big chore. Some connectors fell out of the fans, so we were not sure about how to rewire them. After doing some deductions, we think we know which wires go where.

There are two fans for two different heating zones. One blows out the front of the stove. The other blows to a duct which leads to the next room.

But the fans do not run now. The system has an onboard computer, and after the stove runs for a few minutes, the computer gives the error code for excessive heat and shuts down. Not a surprise, given that the fans are not running.

I ran electrical cord from a power outlet to each of the fans and verified that they work.

I attached a digital voltmeter to the wires that run to the fans. I saw the voltage vary from around 30 volts to about 60 volts. The variation happened rapidly, like two or three times a second. I do not know how appliances vary voltage to vary fan speed, so I don't know if this is a bad sign.

Again, the fans do not run at all anymore.

The stove is made in Italy, and the fans are made in Germany. It's been a pain to own. The seller is far away and doesn't have any technicians in our area. The seller has also stopped selling pellet stoves entirely and only sells wood burning stoves. This is why we are pretty much on our own and asking this community for help.

(At one point a couple of years ago, the stove stopped working, and after emailing the manufacturer in Italy, we determined that the only explanation was the failure of a motherboard. It's a good thing I've done computer technician work, and I was able to replace the motherboard myself. The seller said that their technicians would not have been able to do it.)

Thank you.

Old 11-01-20, 07:46 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,951 Votes on 2,663 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Thread moved to heating stoves.

I can't give you any help on something I know nothing about.
I'm guessing there is no wiring diagram ?
Can you take and post some pictures of what you're working with.... How-to-insert-pictures.

Old 11-02-20, 07:48 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
@pjmax thank you for moving the thread to the right place.

I will provide pictures later. Thank you again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: