Stove Fireplace Service

Old 01-10-23, 02:13 PM
H
Received 3 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Stove Fireplace Service

I'm trying to verify a few things to find the right person to fix my heating unit and have a few questions:

First: is this considered a stove fireplace? First time I've seen this type of heating:

Second: There is a thermostat on the other side of the room. I'm assuming it controls the above fireplace? When I turn the thermostat on heat, and set the temp to something high, nothing happens.

Third: I've called a couple of HVAC companies and they mentioned they don't service fireplaces so who exactly do I contact to service this type of heating?

Fourth: Is there any troubleshooting I can do on my end?

Old 01-16-23, 04:16 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,332 Upvotes on 2,991 Posts
Ok.... right off the bat that is a non vented unit. That means the exhaust gases are discharged into the house. That would not be a heater you would want in a bedroom. You would need to let a slight bit of fresh air to mix with the exhaust gases while that heater is operating. Running a CO detector in a room nearby wouldn't be a bad idea.

As far as service... most hvac techs could work on it.
It would be called a non vented free standing natural gas fireplace.

homeowner23 voted this post useful.
Old 01-10-23, 02:47 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,332 Upvotes on 2,991 Posts
It would be helpful to know the make and model.
I'm assuming it has a flue thru the wall ?
Does it have a gas connection ?

Hmmmm....as I'm looking at it.... it's sitting against a sheetrock wall which is not fire or heat proof.
Could that be a plug in electric heater ?

Old 01-16-23, 03:15 PM
H
Received 3 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I took some photos. Looks like there is a fire proof back panel attached to the wall and a gas line running into the unit.

Hoping I can get some advice to troubleshoot and/or what type of professional do I call to service? thanks!

Here's the thermostat panel that I assume controls the above heating unit but not certain.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: