Infrared heater

Old 03-03-24, 11:35 AM
F
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Infrared heater

Hi, I have an Infrared Heater called "Solar Comfort" it was made by a company called Sun Clouds, the model number of this heater is KD8000. It is a nice, very well built heater, it works but it does not stop. I removed the thermostat, had a technician tested and he said that it was ok. Would anyone be able lend a hand. Thank you in advance

Old 03-04-24, 05:53 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,051 Upvotes on 3,634 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That unit uses 4) 375 watt infra red bulbs.
The bulbs heat a metal exchanger made of tubes. The fan blows thru/across the tubes.
I can't believe how much they charged for those things.
The company is gone and the company that bought them is gone too.

Heater info - new
Downloadable manual - pdf

If you post some pictures of what you are working with I may be able to help you further.
How to insert pictures.

If all else fails.... you could use an external thermostat.
It plugs into the wall and the heater into it. Large enough for your heater.
One type of many.

FALTOBELLI voted this post useful.
Old 03-04-24, 06:28 PM
F
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi,

First, thank you for your help. Yes it has four 375 watt bulbs and they are all good, in fact the whole heater is good, i love it, but it does not stop. I took out the thermostat, it is made by honeywell, I imagine i should be able to find a replacement, I did not try hard enough. However I brought the thermostat to a shop and they told me that the thermostat is good, they think is a sensor that is not working well. I have no idea where this sensor, if indeed is a sensor, is located.
Anyhow, your idea of an external thermostat, if I can find one. I looked at Home Depot in Canada, where I live, and they did not have it, when I told them that Home Depot sells one in the USA, the guy promised to look it up for me.
As for pictures, I am not sure pictures of what, the thermostat or the inside of the heater, I will take any picture you want if it helps.
Again thank you

Old 03-04-24, 06:49 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,051 Upvotes on 3,634 Posts
Ahhhhhh.... Canada. You can put that in your user bio and it will display on screen.

You can try at Menards. I tried linking to a Canadian store but the search wasn't working correctly.
Shown in many places.... eheat, Walmart, Grainger, Lowes.
Here's a link for Amazon (US) plug in thermostat

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: