unlevel flooring

Old 02-25-04, 05:37 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
unlevel flooring

Me and my wife decided to replace our kitchen floor when we found the floor has a slope in the middle of the room.What would be the best way to repair the problem?Any extra tips would be wonderful!
Old 02-25-04, 07:14 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I think we need more info

It depends on the material currently on or under the flooring.
For example if the current floor is vinyl with plywood below that and you plan on removing the vinyl then you might use a leveling compound (found at H.D. or Lowes) that can be trowelled on. If this a large area there are also liquid levelers but I am not sure that they are ok on plywood or not.
Old 02-26-04, 07:21 PM
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 324
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What do you mean by "slope"? Most folks would interpret "slope" as the high-to-low slant of a roof.

Perhaps you mean "sag", as a clothesline "sags" from weight?

If it's sagging, you would set up a suitable beam under the floor and use jackposts to raise it slowly over a period of time.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: