interior metal door frame

Old 03-27-04, 06:56 AM
Chuchu844
Visiting Guest
interior metal door frame

I'm planning on replacing all interior doors and hinges within my house but have one small problem.

All interior door frames are constructed of what feels like metal and hinges attached to frame are not accessible because they are covered by frame.

Short of tearing down frame, is there a tool that will cut around existing hinge without causing damgage?

Old 03-27-04, 02:55 PM
boardslinger
Visiting Guest
What do you mean that hinges are covered by frame. Is there a way to post a picture, so we can see. Keep in mind that you can not post a picture here. it has to be attached to a url and then post the link here.

Old 03-28-04, 05:01 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Saws-all or an angle grinder will cut thru the metal door jambs, but either will defiinitely cause a mark. Don't really understand about the hinges not being accessible, but if you're planning on replacing the interior doors, you really should rip out the existing doors, jambs & all. Then measure your rough openings & get pre-hung interior door units for replacement.

Old 03-28-04, 08:40 AM
boardslinger
Visiting Guest
Dell, I'm thinking he might be talking like a Timely door. Some of them have the trim that covers the outer edge of the hinge, but not the intire hinge, so maybe a Timely knock off?

Old 03-28-04, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Could be, not really sure, but I'd still rip the entire door & jamb out & put in pre-hung doors.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: