Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Bottom of door rubbing ground...

KY

07-12-04, 05:31 AM   #1  
Bottom of door rubbing ground...

A few months ago I had to cut the insulation off the bottom of my screen door because it was rubbing the concrete porch as I opened it. Now my front entrance door is rubbing the ground under the doorknob as I open it. I am afraid soon we wont be able to close our front entrance door. The door does not seem to be rubbing under the hinges, just under the doorknob side. I am concerned that 1.) our house is sinking or 2.) our concrete front porch is buckling?

We live in a small ranch that is about 40 years old and on a hill. The hill slopes downward from the left of our house to the right. Parallel with the front of the house, and the door.

What can I do?

Sponsored Links

07-12-04, 07:10 PM   #2  
It sounds like it could be the patio. Take a string line and run it across the patio in both directions to the very edges of the patio. If the line is touching the patio in front of the door raise each side if the line until the line lifts off patio floor in front of the door. Note how high each end is away from the floor compared to by the door. If it is significant I would your patio is heaving and would need to be looked at. Hope you understand my explanation. Any questions please post back Good Luck.

Search this Thread