Mobile home bathroom floor question

Old 07-17-04, 02:22 PM
Boilerman
Visiting Guest
Mobile home bathroom floor question

my flooor in my small bath with toilet and stand up shower rotted infrom of shower. can anyone tell me the proper way to proceed for replacing floor and then laying self stick tiles.from what i see i will have to redo around toilet also and not sure how to proceed.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-04, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Boilerman welcome to the forum. It sounds like you will need to tear out the old floor and replace. First you will want to identify how much of the floor is damaged. Odds are the floor is made of the pressed particleboard, you will not need to use the same type of wood but if matching you will need the same thickness. ĺ plywood is my guess. You will need to remove the toilet then with a sawzaw cut the flooring along the walls. Make sure any floor you are not replacing is cut along a joist so the new wood has a place to be nailed. Take out the old rotted check the floor joist to be sure no rot is there. If you find rot in the floor joists let us know and we will address that then. Next use some construction glue run it along the joist, lay the new plywood and screw down with 1 Ĺ wood screws. When you choose your plywood try and get some that has a nice smooth surface on one side. After all is glued and screwed install your self-stick tile. I donít like how well the self-stick tiles adhere so I always get some floor glue for extra hold . Install your tile let set then replace your wax seal on your toilet and reinstall toilet and Walla your done. Hope this helps a little and good luck