Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

floor and subfloor help

Visiting Guest

07-30-04, 07:13 PM   #1  
sway22
addition built on deck

we just bought our first home and found that the previous owner added an addition that was built on top of the original deck. We also learned that the bar in this room was custom built directly to the deck. The flooring in this room is 3"x1/2" wood nailed to the deck around the bar. I want to remove the bar and down put a subfloor so we can use the room for something else. Should I remove all of the 3"x1/2" wood or fill in the missing pieces of wood before I lay plywood. Please advise me so that I don't spend alot of time making a big mess of things. After all it's our first home. Thank you

Last edited by sway22; 08-01-04 at 04:09 AM.

Sponsored Links

MO

08-01-04, 09:52 PM   #2  
I think you'd be fine with your plan to fill in the area where the bar is currently sitting & then lay new plywood over the whole thing. Any insulation under that flooring, if not I would think the floor would get pretty cold in the winter time. Just a thought. Good luck & congrats on the new house.

Search this Thread