Platon vs. Delta FL vs. Wood subfloor

Old 10-22-04, 04:00 PM
gpattins
Visiting Guest
Question Platon vs. Delta FL vs. Wood subfloor

I've been following other posts, and wondering if there is anyone else out there who has used either of these products? Also, you can only use these without a wood subfloor when laminate is used. If you are doing both laminate in one area and carpet in another, won't you have a problem with the transition being too high? (ie a wood subfloor under the carpet = 1/2" at least higher than the laminate) or is this an acceptable difference?

Another subfloor question - is there a type of 1/2" wood that is better?

Thanks for any help.

Old 10-30-04, 04:03 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Subfloor

Check with your local building inspector regarding subfloor requirements in your area. Transitions from carpet to laminate or other floor covering require the use of transition pieces. These can be acquired from the laminate dealer. Most major laminate manufacturers have these pieces available.

Old 11-01-04, 10:40 AM
Gibber
Visiting Guest
The Delta FL site says that 2' x 2' tongue and groove plywood or OSB panels held down with concrete screws are required before carpet. I would think you could use larger sheets instead, as long as you are careful. I'm sure you could use the same materials under the laminate to level it.

Don't know if that helps.
Cheers,
Gibber

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: