need help fast.... please!!!

Old 11-08-04, 05:39 PM
pmunley
Visiting Guest
need help fast.... please!!!

Hello Everyone
My contractor is hanging my drywall tomorrow. I had an inspector come for the framing. He passed it but suggested we use hot dipped galvanized nails in the pressure treated wood. He said the pressure treated wood now has something in it that eats away at the nail. He said the nail wouldn't last 2 years and I could end up having cracks in the drywall. My contractor added the nails for me. I asked about the nails that was holding the 2 x 4 stud to the pressure treated wood. He said he fixed that too.
I can't see where he fixed the 2 x4. How could he if it is already up. How much of a concern is this? How much movement can I get if someone hits the wall. This is a play area in the basement for the kids. It has to be able to stand that abuse.

I don't like being a pain and keep asking for things to be done but I don't want problems down the road.

They plan on hanging the walls tomorrow morning. Please let me know as soon as you can.

Thank you
Patty

Old 11-08-04, 06:42 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"... fasteners and flashings should be stainless steel and copper whenever possible. At the very least, you need to use better grades of galvanized fasteners." from a discussion on ACQ wood and its fasteners from Taunton Press.

Hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: