Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Studs going sidways behind freshly painted drywall

Visiting Guest

01-04-05, 08:52 AM   #1  
kztd
Studs going sidways behind freshly painted drywall

My house has a 'conversation pit', its a small room on a slab w/ a 2' concrete perimeter wall. Of course I need cable, internet and phone in there so I climbed up in the attic and followed the romex the top of the wall and tried to drop the cables down between the studs.

Well the walls are 14' tall so there are cross members about 5' down from where I can reach and I'd like to get the cables through them.

What is the pro method of doing this?

I guess a real pro would have thought of this before having the walls painted, but maybe I can get a 6' drill bit??

Sponsored Links

MO

01-04-05, 11:53 AM   #2  
Get youself a piece of pretty stiff wire, long enough to reach from the attic to where you want the wires to come out. Try feeding it down thru along the romex and see if you can fish it down thru the holes drilled for the romex to pass thru, that's how we pull wire in such a case, can be a time consuming & frustrating process at times.
You're right the best bet would have been to do this when the house was wired, but like they say, "hindsight is 20/20"

Search this Thread