ThermalDry vs Dricore

Old 01-04-05, 12:36 PM
ThermalDry vs Dricore

I'm finishing my basement and am considering two sub-floor products: ThermalDry from Basement Systems ($2/sq ft installed) and Dricore from Home Depot ($2.30/sq ft I install). Thermal is all synthetic mats. Dricore is synthetic underside with random fiberboard top. I plan to float something like Pergo or an engineered wood floor product on top of it. Has anyone any experience with these products?

TIA

Joel
Bayside, NY

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-05, 07:50 AM
gsbaker
Visiting Guest
I used Dricore in my basement. No experience with the other.
It was quick and easy. Well worth the expense.
Good luck.

Old 11-20-08, 09:28 AM
Thermal Dry

is completely different from DriCore.
DriCore follows the same principle of ThermalDry - the surface is raised above the concrete floor and has a channel system on the back to allow the concrete slab to "breath" and the water to evaporate.
However, Dri-Core has a wooden layer which poses a problem. Wood soaks up water, and because it is an organic compound, it supports mold growth. If the basement floods, the DriCore will take a while to dry up and depends on how long it takes to dry, it might develop mold.
ThermalDry has no wooden layer and absolutely no organic compounds are used it it. It is 100% waterproof.
If the basement floods, it will dry up quickly because it is not porous. To speed up the process, you can remove it, dry it up and reinstall.
It offers all the thermal and moisture protection of similar products.
In addition, it offers pre-finished options: carpet and tile finishes, so that you will not need to spend money in both floor and subfloor.