Old 02-21-05, 08:39 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Angry Floor

I live in a very old mobile home. The floor in one of the bedrooms gave way and the leg of the bed went through the floor. What is the simplist,fastest and the the least exspensive way to fix the floor? It just happened about 30 minutes ago, for tonight, I put a piece of board under the foot.This single mom would love any advice. :alarm:
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-05, 09:49 AM
pgtek's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: north Carolina
Posts: 1,391
sound like the floor is made from partical board.
go to your lumber store buy a piece of 5/8 or 3/4 plywood about 2x2 ft square depending on thickness of the partical board and a 2x4.
then cut the old part out neer the floor joist to be square on all 4 side. then cut 2 piece of 2x4 to slip under the floor and screw them to the side of the joist.
then cut plywood to fit in the opening and screw it on.
Then your done
good luck


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes