Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Difficulty installing bathroom subfloor

Visiting Guest

03-10-05, 07:13 AM   #1  
tatsxxx11
Difficulty installing bathroom subfloor

I am replacing the sub-floor under the toilet (about 24inches across). The floor joist behind the toilet is very close to the wall (appx. 1 1/2 inches) and I'm having difficluties cutting to the joist with the radial saw, due to existing piping/valve. I am planning to cut as close to the wall as possible, cut 2-3 cross joists (cat joists?) to support the new sub-floor (under the toilet). Is this advisable? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

MO

03-10-05, 10:52 PM   #2  
I got a real handy 24v sawsall make short work of that there. Joists are bad too? Can't just sister in new joists and just worry about replacing the subfloor sheeting. Old tight bathrooms can be a real PIA to remodel, I always bid them for tearing the whole thing out & replacing, otherwise I keep the change order form handy, cause you never know what you'll run into.

OH

03-16-05, 04:34 AM   #3  
Bathroom Floor

I was looking for some floor replacement advice, and youre not making my day. If I tear out the whole floor, (tile) I still have the adjoining shower to match back up with (tile color) Do YOU ever cut out the old tiles and put them back when you repair a small section of a small bathroom like this? I have a wash stand/cabinet in there that I didnt necessarily want to take out either...

Search this Thread