Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Floor Joist Saging

Visiting Guest

06-08-05, 12:56 AM   #1  
b00gz
Floor Joist Saging

I just purchased a house a month and 1/2 ago. The house was built in 1959 and has floor joist in the crawl space that sag a little. I know that there are floor jacks you can use to level them back out does anyone have a good source of information or personal experience on how to do this. I want to fix this before I do all of the work on the inside of the house because I heard by leveling a house off you can mess up some dry wall and other things. Thanks for the help in advance!

Sponsored Links

SD

06-09-05, 07:20 PM   #2  
Floor Joist Sagging

Your question concerns kind of a rangy subject. There are alot of things that must be taken into consideration. How much sag ? Do the all sag the same amount ? How much room in your crawl space ? How long is your house ? and the list goes on. I have done many of these, and each one is different. My recommadation would be for you to contact a contractor and have him look at it. We cannot see it, and we may tell you something that is wrong. Have a good day.

Visiting Guest

06-15-05, 07:13 PM   #3  
Luthar28
What type?

What type of contractor would deal with this type of problem? Carpenter? General Contractor?

I have the same issues but I don't know who to call.

Search this Thread