Floor Joist Saging


Old 06-08-05, 12:56 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Post Floor Joist Saging

I just purchased a house a month and 1/2 ago. The house was built in 1959 and has floor joist in the crawl space that sag a little. I know that there are floor jacks you can use to level them back out does anyone have a good source of information or personal experience on how to do this. I want to fix this before I do all of the work on the inside of the house because I heard by leveling a house off you can mess up some dry wall and other things. Thanks for the help in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-05, 07:20 PM
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 3,140
Floor Joist Sagging

Your question concerns kind of a rangy subject. There are alot of things that must be taken into consideration. How much sag ? Do the all sag the same amount ? How much room in your crawl space ? How long is your house ? and the list goes on. I have done many of these, and each one is different. My recommadation would be for you to contact a contractor and have him look at it. We cannot see it, and we may tell you something that is wrong. Have a good day.
Old 06-15-05, 07:13 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
What type?

What type of contractor would deal with this type of problem? Carpenter? General Contractor?

I have the same issues but I don't know who to call.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes