Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Framing, Flooring and Sub-Flooring
Reload this Page >

Ripples in the middle of the floor (in a mobile home)

Ripples in the middle of the floor (in a mobile home)

Old 07-19-05, 09:57 AM
momonmyown
Visiting Guest
Question Ripples in the middle of the floor (in a mobile home)

I just purchased a used mobile home, and the only thing I could see that was wrong with it, is that in the living room, and one of the bedrooms, there are ripples that run almost the entire width of the room in the middle of the floor. How would I go about fixing this problem? This is the first time I have ever had to do any major home improvement on my own, so the easiest rout is probably the best for me.

Old 07-23-05, 06:33 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hard to say without more info but I will tell you what I think.

If the ripples appear to be carpet the all you need is someone to come stretch the carpet.

If it is the actaul subfloor it self the you should pull up the carpet and either replcae the sections that need it or maybe possibly install sheets of 1/4 inch plywood on top of all the existing subfloor if pulling it up is not an option.

Hope this helps

Old 07-27-05, 10:30 AM
momonmyown
Visiting Guest
Cool Thanks

Thank you so much! Yes, it does help. The ripples are in the flooring itself, and I was leaning toward just taking out those sections and replacing them, but I wasn't sure. Now that I have a second opinion, I feel much better about my initial decision.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: