Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Framing closet in brick wall

Visiting Guest

08-09-05, 02:22 PM   #1  
RevWinkle
Framing closet in brick wall

I am frmaing a closet in my bedroom and i need to attached i end of the frame to a brick wall cover with plaster. I have tried using sleve anchors but they don't seem to work. Anyone have suggestions

Sponsored Links

TX

08-09-05, 02:33 PM   #2  
Since the walls of the closet are not load-bearing and you will be securing the closet walls to the floor and ceiling, what is the purpose of connecting it to the wall structurally? How about a 2x4 and some construction adhesive to seal it up a bit?

Visiting Guest

08-09-05, 02:45 PM   #3  
RevWinkle
Normally i think that would work but there are two problems. First the ceiling is not level there is a bump in the middle of where the top of the frame goes so i have been using shins to level it out. My room also has 10 feet ceiling so i have to frame out the top of the closet. It is really hard to explain i dont know if you understand this.

Group Moderator

NE

08-09-05, 03:49 PM   #4  
1/4 x 3" Tapcon screws with hex heads installed through a vertical 2x4 ought to do it. You'll need a hammer drill and correct sized drill bit for the screws. A couple screws and the construction adhesive mentioned is a good idea.

Search this Thread