How to fill holes in subfloor?

Old 09-15-05, 07:10 PM
How to fill holes in subfloor?

We bought a house that the previous owner was in the process of installing a second bathroom. The first bathroom is 5' x 6'. The second is 5' x 5'. I can't figure his reasoning for 2 bathrooms so small, so I'm planning to remove the wall between the rooms and make one 5x11 bathroom. What I need to know is the easiest way to fill the current holes in the subfloor where the 2 toilets and other various holes are.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-05, 08:39 PM
What is your subflooring material? What type of pipe are you dealing with? Are you going to install a new floor? If so, what material?

Old 09-16-05, 05:24 AM
Pipe is PVC, most of it never was installed, as I said it was in progress. subfloor is plywood (3/4 maybe), I'm not going to replace it unless I have to.

Old 09-16-05, 06:38 AM
Cut square holes to the width of the joists, screw 2x4s to either side of the joists inside the hole and screw a piece of plywood down over top of the hole. As long as the holes are not too big, this should be very secure.

Old 09-16-05, 06:43 AM
Right on the money! Don't forget to cap those pipes too! You can get PVC plugs at the big orange box...

Old 09-16-05, 03:43 PM
That's pretty simple, I'm actually going to remove all excess pipe when I pipe for the new bathroom layout, thanks for the help!